10 Easy Ways to Build Self Esteem in Children
By Dr. Joe Rubino
Parents can do much to insure that children grow up with the high self esteem that will support their happiness, relationships, fulfillment, and success. Here are 10 specific ways to support their self-esteem development.
- Look with the child to identify what may be missing that if put into place would allow him to be more effective, rather than looking for whatís wrong with them.
- Assist each child to identify and pursue special hobbies, interests, and passions.
- Regularly support children to see the other personís perspective and to possess empathy and understanding.
- Set the example of forgiveness by forgiving yourself, forgiving your children, and forgiving others so that your children might learn to do the same.
- Live with gratitude and support your children to be aware of and grateful for their many blessings.
- Teach each child to expect success, happiness, rich relationships, and abundance.
- Teach children the art of visioning and support them to create a written personal vision for every aspect of their lives and to co-create a family vision with all family members.
- Teach children to set goals that are attainable, but a stretch.
- Teach them to identify their most prevalent emotional response to stressful situations and to create mood-free interpretations at will that are free of anger, sadness, and fear by developing empathy for the other personís perspective.
- Teach children effective organizational and study skills.
For more information on how to build self-esteem, visit
Dr. Joe Rubino is an internationally acclaimed personal development trainer, life-changing success and life-optimization coach and best-selling author of 12 books available worldwide in 23 languages. He is the CEO of The Center for Personal Reinvention, an organization that has impacted the lives of more than 2 million people through personal and leadership development programs, providing participants with tools to maximize their happiness, self-esteem, communication skills, productivity and personal effectiveness. To subscribe to his complimentary newsletters, learn more about championing your self-esteem, communicating more effectively, life-impacting personal or group coaching, and transformational courses or to read about his books, visit www.CenterForPersonalReinvention.com and http://www.TheSelfEsteemBook.com and http://www.highselfesteemkids.com .