By Dr. Joe Rubino
Studies show that self esteem is the most important ingredient responsible for attaining success and happiness, developing effective communication and creating rewarding relationships. Here are 10 additional ways that parents and teachers can champion children to build their self-esteem.
- Teach children to gain clarity about what their intentions are and reinforce the value of acting in alignment with their commitments, rather than what is most convenient.
- Teach children the power of decisive, focused action and the costs of procrastination.
- Teach the value of daily exercise, sufficient sleep, and proper nutrition by being an example yourself.
- Love yourself and give up your right to invalidate yourself and teach them this same worthwhile practice.
- Include contribution as a family value, teaching children to contribute regularly to others and especially to those in need.
- Eliminate negative influences from your life and show children how to focus on the positive in every situation.
- Add balance to your life and show children the value of integrating work and play.
- Enjoy the process of life and find happiness in the course of everyday.
- Stress to children their ability to influence others by acting intentionally.
- Remind children of their significance and that they are loved and accepted for who they are.
For more information on how to build self-esteem, visit
Dr. Joe Rubino is an internationally acclaimed personal development trainer, life-changing success and life-optimization coach and best-selling author of 12 books available worldwide in 23 languages. He is the CEO of The Center for Personal Reinvention, an organization that has impacted the lives of more than 2 million people through personal and leadership development programs, providing participants with tools to maximize their happiness, self-esteem, communication skills, productivity and personal effectiveness. To subscribe to his complimentary newsletters, learn more about championing your self-esteem, communicating more effectively, life-impacting personal or group coaching, and transformational courses or to read about his books, visit www.CenterForPersonalReinvention.com and http://www.TheSelfEsteemBook.com and http://www.highselfesteemkids.com .